Healthwatch Bradford and District operates in an open and transparent way and all Board meetings are open for members of the public to attend and observe. However, there will be times where the Board has to discuss matters in confidence.
Ideally, any member of the public wishing to attend a Board meeting should inform us at least 24 hours before the meeting. This will enable copies of the meeting papers and adequate seating to be made available for attendees.
Members of the public wishing to attend a Board meeting without giving notice can still do so; however we will be unable to guarantee that copies of the meeting papers will be available. Should there be a very large number of people wishing to attend, it may be necessary to restrict numbers, in which case priority will be given to those who have given notice.
The venue and dates of future Board meetings will be posted on our website www.healthwatchbradford.co.uk. We will ensure that all our Board meeting venues comply with the Disability Discrimination Act and are freely accessible to all members of the community.
If there are any confidential items on the agenda, members of the public will be asked to leave the meeting when the Board meeting moves to discuss these items.
Confidential information is defined as:
- Information relating to any individual.
- Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual.
- Information relating to financial, legal, or governance matters.
Occasionally, Board members may meet separately to discuss confidential matters as outlined above, or operational issues, these meetings will not be open to the public.
At the meeting
- Members of the public are attending the meeting as observers only. To ensure that the business of the Board is conducted efficiently, members of the public will not be allowed to contribute to discussions at the meeting, unless invited to do so by the Chair.
- If a member of the public tries to disrupt proceedings at the Board meeting they will be asked to leave the meeting immediately.
- If during the meeting a member of the public wishes to leave the meeting, they should leave quietly with minimum disruption to the meeting.
After the meeting
Approved minutes of the meeting will be published on Healthwatch Bradford and District’s website. These will not include any confidential items, but will include an explanation of why the section of the meeting was closed to the public. If you have any questions about items discussed at the Board meeting, please contact the administrator. We will aim to respond to your request within 5 working days.